1328 California Rd, Suite A, Quakertown, PA 18951 | 215-536-4066


Does the Township require a "Use of Occupancy" for resale of a home?
Richland Township does not require a certificate of occupancy as part of a resale of a home. However, if the property is intended to be used as a rental, a Tenant Identification Form will need to be filled out. This form can be found on our website.

Who takes care of the Townships trash and recycling?
Richland Township requires every residence and business located in the Township to contract with a licensed Pennsylvania trash hauler for the removal of municipal waste, which includes garbage, refuse, industrial waste and office waste on a schedule of at least once per week. The interior of every structure and the exterior of the property shall be kept free from the accumulation of Municipal Waste. (Ordinance No. 244). A list of trash haulers can be found on our website.

When and where are public meetings?
All meetings are open to the public and are held at the Township Building, 1328 California Road, unless otherwise noted. Meetings start at 7:00 PM.
The calendar of dates can be found on our website.

Where can I take limb/branches?
In the fall, the Township conducts their annual leaf collection program. Please check the website for the schedule.

In addition, leaves and bundled branches may be dropped off any time at the Township Municipal Building located at 1328 California Road. They should be dropped off behind the salt shed located behind the Municipal Building. WE NO LONGER ACCEPT LEAVES IN PLASTIC BAGS. Dump bags out onto the pile and take the bags away. Leaves in paper bags are accepted. Drop offs from contractors or waste haulers will not be accepted.

Who takes care of water/sewer?
Richland Township Water Authority
1328 California RD, Suite D
Quakertown PA 18951

Bucks County Water and Sewer
1275 Almshouse RD
Warrington, PA 18976

How many acres are needed for chickens?
A minimum of 2 acres is required for livestock. Any building or structure used for the keeping or raising of livestock, or poultry shall be situated not less than 100 feet from any street line or property line.

Livestock and poultry are not permitted to run at large. A fenced-in area for the keeping of livestock and poultry shall be provided and shall not be less than 100 feet from a dwelling other than the owner.

Please reference Chapter 27, Zoning of Richland Townships Ordinances for more information.

Who takes care of taxes?
Real Estate:
Raymond Goodnoe
PO Box 1346
Quakertown, PA 18951

Local Taxes:
Keystone Collects
Keystone Collections Group

Richland Township
© Richland Township